Friday, September 28, 2012

Who am I?

Mum is my identity but being a teacher for young learners is also my identity which often clash with the other one. Identity clash or culture clash within a physical body. It has been quite brutal especially when your kid is in bed.

TEYL requires 100% attention and energy from me but when my heart is not there, I feel guilty. This guilt doubled when I imagine my own child feeling sick in bed. We are lucky to have my mum around.She is also there for us to rescue this huge dilemma I have to face. Yet having an excellent support can't deny the guilt I feel. I still ask myself, "What the hell are you doing?" as I work with other kids leaving my own in bed.

It can be a starting point of AR for it might a huge issue for every working mum and finding out how they deal with this guilt might be valuable for a mum like myself. Brown asserts that we should come up with more friendly schedule for your family. But as long as I am in this business, it would be tough to get a substitute teacher unless I am in a crisis. Or is it just one of those misconception of this job?


No comments:

Post a Comment